The team, headed up by Simon Brien, has considerable expertise in every aspect of development land across Northern Ireland.The range of services and advice include:
- Selling residential sites ranging from individual sites, to 100 acres plus residential development land holdings.
- Advice on land zoning and development potential.
- Advice on suitable housing density, housing mix, house types, and unit size to suit the market trends, as well as demands in different geographical locations.
- Financial appraisals of proposed housing mix schedules to evaluate land values upon receipt of planning.
- Advice on appointment of relevant consultants to form strategic teams to pursue planning consent. These may include; Architects, Planning Consultants, Roads Engineers, Environmental Consultants, Arboriculturalists and Archaeologists.
Different sites will require different levels of consultancy advice.Advice on developing bespoke strategies to suit the specific landowner’s requirements
- Straight open market sales
- Sale by private treaty
- Sale by tender
- Sale by development brief
- Sale by public auction
- Private sale
Consequently, if a landowner wishes to be more discreet about their sale, then Simon Brien Residential can market the site on a discreet basis which will still ensure that their land hits the target market and the price is optimised.Joint Venture Agreement / Management Agreement / Site Fine Agreement
The team at Simon Brien Residential have been at the forefront of implementing joint ventures, management agreements, and site fine agreements for private landowners and institutions. This type of strategy can derive a higher value than a straight sale, as the landowner is being paid for the land over the course of the development.
Consequently, a builder / developer is willing to pay a higher price under these forms of agreement, as they do not have to ‘carry’ the land cost, while the landowner may also benefit from growth in house prices over the course of the development which will reflect in the land value contribution.Development of Land for Housing by Landowner
In some instances, a landowner may choose to develop their land themselves rather than sell or enter into any forms of building agreement.
The team at Simon Brien Residential can advise on assembling development teams, appointment of consultants and every aspect of the future project.
We can consider the financial analysis in every aspect and advise of the risk / reward from our development analysis.